Thursday 1 September 2011

Here Comes The Bride....

 This is the other figurine for the wedding cake. Isn't she gorgeous?

Ting-Ting will be wearing a peach-coloured dress. I saw a couple of pictures and I thought the dress was lovely; simple with very elegant lines. And she looked a million dollars in it.

But when I tried to replicate it on the figurine, the dress did not turn out nice. The gathers on the side of the bodice were clumsy and unflattering. I was trying to pull here and tuck there but it was no good.

And then Yee Juinn walked into the  kitchen, took one look and said, "Ma, the dress is making the bride look fat!" 

Oh, no!!  Ting-Ting  had looked fabulous in the real dress!!!  So I decided to make some changes.

I stuck to the peach colour and made a halter-neck neckline just like the real dress. The rest I sort of "designed" as I went along. I also decided not to let the figurine wear her veil because I think she looks fresh and young with her hair showing.

These shoes were an afterthought. On the cake, the bridal couple are sitting down to share a very special moment. They have just got married and will be together for the rest of their lives. The bride has been on her feet for hours and when she sat down, she would, without thinking, bend forward and removed her shoes. Next to follow was the veil. But she is holding on to the flowers that the groom has given her because they are  so pretty. Besides, she loves their fragrance.





No comments:

Post a Comment