Friday 12 August 2011

Baked Raspberry Cheese Tartlets

Took me a while to get out of bed when the alarm clock rang. Breakfast was noodles which I cooked and then added to some stew left over  from dinner last night. Not exactly fine dining but Yee Juinn and Yee Hou said it was good and went for seconds. Hmm.... not bad for something that was made while the cook was still half-asleep.

Once the cob-webs had cleared, I remembered this piece of cream cheese that was "expiring" in a couple of days' time.  "Better that it ends up in someone's tummy than the garbage-bin", I thought.

I also had half  a cup of coulis which I made from fresh raspberries a few days ago.  That was expensive stuff and I wanted to use it  before it expired too.

With a little digging around, I found a fat juicy lemon, some kampung eggs and an unopened packet of oat biscuits. Now they were enough to get me started on my little impromptu project which was to use up a piece of cream cheese.

By mid-morning I had 15 pieces of  Baked Raspberry Cheese Tartlets which were real  beauties with   their bright pink  and pale yellow swirls.  And the smell......!

I knew they tasted best chilled but hot or not, I was in no mood to wait!!!

When I bit into one just  after it came out of the oven, my tongue felt like it was being scalded. At the same time, the taste of the tart raspberries and the tangy cheese together with the biscuit crust was amazing!

Suffice to say, I gleefully gobbled two with my second mug of coffee for the morning. *grin*

Verdict:-  Peng Sam, Yee Hou and Yee Juinn agreed that they were "very, very good"!!










No comments:

Post a Comment